I. PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- We will only collect information that helps us to improve our Services;
- You may provide and we only collect information that can identify you personally(“Personal Information”) in order to provide the Services;
- Our privacy practices will be transparent to you.
III. WHAT INFORMATION DOES WE COLLECT?
The information we collect can be generally placed in two categories:
1) data on how the user uses our Services;
2) aggregate data on content the user engages with.
We may use this information to personalize and improve our services, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to analyze how you use the Services. We may provide this information to our partners, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal experience, but we never disclose information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally. Here are a few examples of data we collect when you use our Services:
- Whenever you interact with us, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs, for example:
- Services usage data. For example, this may include information regarding the version of our software you are using, the location from where you downloaded our software, how often you launch our software, which features you use, and the number of videos you have downloaded. We use this to improve our promotion and help more users discover YoToMp3.
- Data on the quality of our Services. For example, this may include information regarding crashes and your connection between your phone and your computer. This data allows us to make our software more stable and faster.
- Data on user downloads. For example, this may include information regarding which videos you download and your average download speed. This allows us to choose our content partners, and alerts us if downloads become slow or unreliable.
- Aggregate statistics on content. For example, this may include the number of contacts you have on your phone, how many contacts you have marked as favorites, and the number of apps, songs, videos, or other content you have on your phone. This information is only collected as aggregate data, without reference to your or your contacts’ identities.
- Hardware and software identification. For example, this may include the type of mobile phone you are using, the version of Android operating system, the size of your device’s screen and internal storage. We support over 500 different Android devices and this helps us reach decisions as to how to prioritize support for different kinds of hardware and software.
- A few particular features to note:
- If you're using our software and it crashes, the crash report sent to our server may contain some information about the operating system that you use.
- If you download content via our desktop software, we store a copy to your computer so that the next time you connect your phone you don't have to download it again.
- If you provide us with your name and email address, we will use this information for the purpose of contacting you regarding our services and products. You may opt out of such communications at any time by unsubscribing through our website or contacting us through one of the methods listed at the end of this policy.
- Whenever you interact with our website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your computer or device and tell us how and when the Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your computer or device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. We may use Google Analytics to gather non-Personal Information. In such cases, you may have the option to disable certain features as described below.
The data we collect is sent to the YoToMp3 servers in the USA in aggregate form and added to our system for analysis. Our Services do NOT collect the following information:
- Your phone number
- Your friends' phone numbers
- Your cat's phone number
- Any of the content of your text messages, either sent or received
- Your music, photos, or videos
- The content you download via YoToMp3
IV. DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
In addition to the disclosures described herein, we may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right voluntarily or involuntarily to make all lawful, worldwide uses of Personal Information, including without limitation, to: collect, use, access (or bar access), process, fulfill, disclose, display, share, respond to legal process or otherwise exercise our rights under applicable law, transfer, store, sell, lease, retain, commingle, investigate, verify, prove, enforce, delete, and otherwise deal with Personal Information, and information other than Personal Information.
V. DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY AND THIRD PARTY SITES
WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION IN ANY FORM. We do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your Personal Information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).